Wednesday 26 November 2014

Bocklin and Manzel

First full day in Berlin and after planning to spend the morning in the Alte Nationalgalerie and the afternoon in Legoland, I ended up spending a lot of time wandering around with a camera (what a suprise), in a cafe drawing and in a Christmas market. I spent a lot longer than I expected in the Alte Nationalgalerie (its stunning and has an incredible collection for my tastes) so decided spending some quality time with some quality art could bump legoland to tomorrow.

Its like scaffolding, I love it so much.

I felt this immersion breaking "plonk" of the wings didn't take away from the sculpture... much
There are a lot more photos and these weren't even the highlights. The other photos will be up sometime soon. Highlights definately include seeing Die Toteninsel in the flesh, and loads of other Bocklins, and coming across Manzel for the first time. I have a few pages full of random scribbles and studying but they aren't worth showing.

I didn't manage to get any usable images of the Christmas market from my phone camera so that will just have to wait, tomorrow will be less cultured... WOO COMBICHRIST!

No comments:

Post a Comment